Supportive Housing is a sub-committee of Oak Grove’s Mission Committee.
Purpose: To support individuals and families in unstable housing situation and to explore ways to prevent homelessness and create stability in our community.
Chair/Session Liaison: Sue Powers, Chair, and Joey Oslund, Session Liaison
Partners and resources:
Provides direct services through four programs, including the on-site Drop-in Center, and leverages partnerships to ensure youth can thrive.
We support Oasis by:
– providing the salary support for a new case manager focused on sheltering and housing youth
– subsidizing apartments for youth experiencing homelessness
– holding donation drives for cleaning supplies, clean underwear and socks, and beyond
Works with local churches to host temporary housing for homeless individuals and families; assists their clients in finding affordable housing; provides rent subsidies and case management.
We support FMF through:
– Providing mentorship and rent subsidy for young, single-parent families moving into their own apartment for the first time
– Providing parents in the shelter or transitional housing an opportunity to shop for a wrap holiday gifts for their children
– Providing meals, funding and/or volunteers to staff overnights
Dedicated to creating and keeping affordable housing through preservation, rehabilitation and new construction. They manage their properties to create stability and security at each site, and also provide supportive services for tenants such as networking, job counseling, connection to educational resources and to other supportive agencies.
We support Aeon by:
– Holding donation drives for cleaning and household items for Welcome Baskets Aeon gives to new tenants.