Whole Church Day of Service at Oak Grove (10:30 am to Noon)
Saturday, Sept. 11 marks the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Twin Towers. As a community of faith, we invite you to mark this day with care and generosity. We will be on hand for donation drop off and to participate in projects and receive information about our stewardship theme for the fall!
Here’s what’s happening:
- Birthday Bags for VEAP: Please donate cake mixes, frosting, candles, gift bags, and/or small gifts such as books, crayons, puzzles, Play-Doh.
- Agape Bags for those on the street: We need socks, bottled water, shelf-stable snacks and handwarmers. The Social Justice Team will purchase bus tokens to go in the bags, too!
- Card making station: Children are invited to create birthday cards for the VEAP bags and welcome home cards for refugees arriving in the cities to make their new home here.
- Cub Gift Cards for Afghanistan and Refugee Resettlement. Please donate cards to help folks make their new homes in the Twin Cities. We will also collect gently used household items to donate to the Minnesota Council of Churches refugee resettlement program.
- Meet our new Youth & Young Adult Ministries Coordinator, Kate Lindberg
- Receive information from Gifts & Gratitude and learn about plans for the fall from various committees!
Middle school, senior high and young adult youth are invited to stick around after to have pizza for lunch, play games and spend some time getting to know Kate. Questions? Please contact Pastor Mary (firstname.lastname@example.org), Kate (email@example.com) or Anne Klueh (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you cannot be here on Saturday, Sept. 11, please feel free to drop your donations off at church any time during the week of Sept. 5 (office is closed on Sept. 6). THANK YOU!