UPDATE AUGUST 27: A Message from the Re-Entry Team re: pausing indoor gatherings, Sept – Oct 10
August 13, 2021, Re-Entry Team Update
The Re-Entry team continues to monitor the latest data, trends and recommendations concerning COVID-19. Hennepin County recently moved into the high-risk category for infection according to CDC tracking, however, based on best practices and safety protocols, we can continue to worship and gather as we have over the last several weeks. We are working on plans for the fall, and more information will be shared after Session has given approval.
Some important reminders:
- This Sunday, August 15, we will meet for worship and picnic (bring your own lunch) at Moir Park at 10:30 am. We will celebrate baptisms and have a time of recognition and thanks for Britta. It will be livestreamed, however, because we are outdoors, we are uncertain of the quality of the livestream.
- With Hennepin County moving to high-risk, the church building is closed to any outside groups for the time being. Any church meetings indoors should be limited to 10 or fewer people, with masks, physically distant, have no food or drink, and kept to under an hour. We continue to encourage the use of Zoom for meetings if possible.
- Beginning August 22, reservations for indoor worship will no longer be needed, however, we will ask folks to sign-in for tracking purposes.
- While being outdoors mitigates risk, it is still important to be mindful of physical distance when near people outside your family or “pod.”
- During this period of high risk, we encourage those who are not yet vaccinated, or who may be vaccinated but are immuno-compromised, to only worship outdoors (with masks) or from home. The livestream of worship will be available on the church Facebook page or website.
- We continue to encourage all who are eligible and able to get the vaccine to do so.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to any member of the Re-Entry team: Bev Heise, Karen Gerdes, Al Greimel, Anne Klueh, Jane Propsom, Pastor Mary or Pastor Bart.