Mark your calendars for Saturday, September 14, 2019, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. for Oak Grove’s Second Annual Electric Vehicle (EV) Expo! You are cordially invited to attend and to volunteer. Tell your family and friends. Help spread the word. The EV Expo features:
- Test drives from 11am to 1pm of the latest EVs with dealers, giving you the chance to get behind the wheel and drive some truly awesome cars. Sponsored by the American Lung Association.
- Talks with EV owners about their experiences — different weather conditions, charging at home, at work and on the road, maintenance, cost of ownership and the “thrill” of stomping on the accelerator of their EVs.
- Electric bikes, scooters, mowers, and many other electric toys and tools for you to try out – the future of e-mobility in urban environments.
- Learn from expert talks in the sanctuary about special utility rates, tax breaks, and EV charging corridors for long-distance travel, along with a panel of woman EV drivers talking about why they prefer driving the EV to their family “gasmobile.”
- Refreshments and places for families and kids to hang out and chill.
Why is Oak Grove sponsoring this 2019 EV Expo? Because we are concerned about climate change. Oak Grove has made great progress in cutting our emissions from energy use, but the fact is that we all need to stop burning fossil fuel, now. EVs are an excellent and cost-effective way that people can take action individually and collectively to deal with climate change; and, as you’ll discover at the Expo, they are really cool to drive.
We hope to see you
there. Plan to attend and to volunteer
if possible. Bring your family and
*By EVs we mean vehicles that are all-electric –that use batteries for their all their power and also PHEVs (Plug In Hybrid Electric) which combine electric power and internal combustion engines for their power. We will have both EVs and PHEVs dealer and owner models at the Expo.